We care about your privacy
Healthcare Clinical Informatics, The HCI Group, understand that privacy is an important concern of visitors to our website located at www.thehcigroup.com
www.thehcigroup.com is a website operated by Healthcare Clinical Informatics (a Tech Mahindra company).
The company registration number is 07283256 registered in England and Wales.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone us on
US Office / HQ: + 1 904 337 6300
UK - International Office: +44 01792 717490
For Data privacy contact details see below
What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
The HCI Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. This privacy notice is relevant to you because we place cookies on your computer, tablet or phone and use those cookies to collect information about you.
The kind of information we hold about you
By filling out any form on this website, you acknowledge that your contact details (as stated below) can be stored and used by Healthcare Clinical Informatics (The HCI Group) to enable them to provide their services and to email you about suitable opportunities for meeting and networking.
We obtain information about you when you use our website. We obtain three main types of information:
- IP address lookup information which is collected without any activity on your part other than visiting our website (see below)
- Cookies which are collected without any activity on your part other than visiting our website (see more information below),
- Contact information, such as email addresses, when you contact us about our products and services, download a whitepaper or sign up to our newsletter. Once we have collected this information, and you have confirmed that you are willing to receive marketing communications from us, we will add your contact details to our marketing database at which point we will use this information in accordance to this notice.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
We will not share, sell or trade your information with third party providers.
Where your information is held?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place security measures and managerial procedures to safeguard and hold secure the information we hold.
We use an industry acknowledged leader in secure cloud hosting environments, it operates within:
Information Security System (ISO 27001)
Cloud Security (ISO27017)
Cloud Privacy and Data Protection (ISO27018)
Access to the folder structure where personal data is held is limited to only the relevant staff who will process personal data and access to this is managed as part of the organisation's IT management approach. All The HCI Group personnel are mandated to attend annual security and Privacy Awareness trainings and drills are performed on a regular basis.
IP address lookup
The HCI Group uses third parties to provide information about visitors to our websites. When you visit our website, we will record your IP address. This address will be matched against public and proprietary IP address databases to provide us with some information about your visit. This information may identify the organisation to whom the IP address is registered but not individuals.
Website cookies and link tracking
Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality so you do not have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to audit what links and pages have been clicked or viewed during a session. If you have provided us with personal data, by completing a contact form for example, we may associate this personal data with other information. This will allow us to identify and record what is most relevant to you.
If you don’t want cookies to be placed on your computer, tablet or phone, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website. More information on how to control cookies and limit personal data processing can be found at www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/five-top-tips. By using your browser controls, you are always in control of the cookies we store and access on your computer, tablet or phone.
Email Marketing Post-Click Tracking Cookies: These cookies are used to report on the pages of www.thehcigroup.com that have been viewed by visitors to the website who have followed links from our email marketing campaigns. This analysis helps us to understand additional content that is viewed by the contacts in our database and therefore allow us to improve and tailor future campaigns to those contact’s specific areas of interest.
Cookies – more information
For more information on the cookies we use, please see More Information About Cookies below.
Legal grounds for our use of your personal data
Our use of your personal data (as described above) is necessary for:
- Your consent.
- The legitimate interest of marketing and advertising our products and services to you.
- The legitimate interest of providing you with a tailored website visit.
Our use of your personal data is subject to a framework of safeguards that help make sure your rights are protected. This includes ensuring you have the ability to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data and complain if you are dissatisfied (please see “Your rights” below).
Retention and deletion of cookies
Please see More Information About Cookies.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction- Your rights in connection with personal information
By law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our DPO.
The contact details for our data protection officer are as follows:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: For the attention of the Data Protection Officer,
The HCI Group International,
The Centre, Lodge Drive,
Port Talbot, SA12 8UB, United Kingdom
The HCI Group Headquarters,
8880 Freedom Crossing Trail, Suite 200
Jacksonville, FL 32256, United States of America
If you are unhappy about how we are handling your personal data, please don’t hesitate to contact our DPO.
You may wish to file a complaint with your local National supervisory authority for “GDPR” complaints.
For EU/EEA countries
the Information Commissioner’s Office website www.ico.org.uk
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
More Information About Cookies
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
End of Policy
Last updated on 23-Apr-2022